Random stories from a Kingston girl

Monday, September 04, 2006

Why did I have to come back?

I woke up this morning, still hoping to be in Treasure Beach. I opened my eyes and couldn't see the sea through windows that covering most of the bedroom walls. There was no smell of coffee in the air and I couldn't hear the pelicans hitting the water as they dived for their breakfast. I was back.

And to make it worse, the school year begins this week which means that traffic was back on the road. And that cold that had disappeared in the fresh air and sunshine? It was back as well.

But at least I have some good memories of my weekend. A gorgeous villa, complete with a private beach and a veranda with a fabulous view of deserted coast line. Good company - we've managed to come out of our first weekend away together feeling happy. Excellent food.

But the good weekend does mean that I now have to do some serious thinking - can I really picture my life with a man 18 years older than me?? If so, then I suppose I'd better upgrade him and find him a new name!

11 Comments:

  • At 5:34 pm, Anonymous cooldestiny said…

    If he makes you truly happy, age is just a number dearie.

     
  • At 8:44 pm, Blogger Gela's Words said…

    I laughed when I read this post. I wonder the same thing everyday about my similar situation.

     
  • At 10:02 pm, Blogger Yamfoot said…

    did you pass by Mar Blue? I hear that is a reasonably priced hotel with wicked food.

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger Dr. D. said…

    Lovely photo. Good you had a nice weekend.

    Age really not that important when you are adults....so think about the upgrade if you like him.

     
  • At 6:45 am, Blogger Mad Bull said…

    As long as he treats you nice and you check for him, then go for it!

     
  • At 10:57 am, Blogger Scratchie said…

    Go for it as long as all signs are good.

     
  • At 11:01 am, Blogger Kingston Girl said…

    Gela - I think we need to discuss this over a drink!

    We did pass Mar Blue and I've also heard good reviews of it.

    And he does treat me nice!

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger Guyana-Gyal said…

    I miss Treasure Beach. sigh.

    Age really is just a number. As long as he's not a cranky ol' goat...I dated one of those, so I know :-(

     
  • At 10:29 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Short term it's all fun and games and that's fine. But, long term...

    When you're 42 you'll be wiser, ever so slightly weathered and experienced, strong, vibrant, active, still looking for adventures and still in the prime of your life.

    At the same time he'll be 60, tired, wrinkled, cranky, unwilling to go out, over the hill, suffering from ED and who knows what other age related ailments, tired of your 'hyperactive ways', no longer interested in adventure since he's pretty much seen and done everything he's interested in and sporting a trophy wife nearly 20 years his junior.

    Age most definitely does make a difference! Sooner or later it always does. Sadly it is often not realized until later and then, it is too late.

    How eager are you to tell your Mum about this weekend or this man? What's she going to say?!?!?!?!?!? Sure, you've hated her lectures for all these years but, you're old enough now to know she's most often right.

    Your choice should be clear by now.

     
  • At 10:11 pm, Blogger Yamfoot said…

    Hello??????
    My boss is 61 and not looking up at any hill right now. He don't even start to climb it yet.

     
  • At 9:06 am, Blogger Island Spice said…

    MMMmmm girl... I know I'm late but ... Treasure Beach .. end of summer ... new love ....ahh! Could anything be MORE wonderful?? *sigh* Jus now I was thinking how I miss that place and my friend sent me your link. Don't bother with the rest a dem nah, you are a lucky lucky girl. Enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home