Random stories from a Kingston girl

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Stories from the past

This post is the fault of island spice - another addition to the caribbean blogger family.

I had this 'boyfriend' once. Fortunately I didn't have him for too long. I quickly learnt his very strange ways. He was one of those short-term guys you get involved with after a long-term relationship, you know the type - someone who is so different from the ex (and hence you soon realise sooo wrong for you).

Anyway, I don't know what I did to this guy. But he decided that it would be good to fall madly in love with me in a very short length of time. He decided that we had a cosmic connection and the stars meant us to be together.

And about the time he said this, I was trying to figure out how to get away from him... So I broke it to him as kindly as possible, we were not meant to be together. It wasn't working. And I wanted out.

At which point he got rather upset. And started to try and pile guilt on me. Apparently he has been thinking that we should get married (hell, I'd known him for 2 months!!!) and I was just running away from the strength of my feelings for him.

When I pointed out that this was in no way the case, he eventually gave up and left with the parting line of 'I think you need to see a psychologist to help you sort out your inability to truely find love and to give of yourself.'

Obviously if I wasn't in love with him, I was mad.

Well I have to say that if that was the case, I'm happily mad until this very day!

12 Comments:

  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger Island Spice said…

    HAHAHA! 'obviously if I wasn't in love with him, I was mad.'
    Girl, I can soooo relate!! Now I gotta blog about my stalker .. eep! whoops! he threatened to sue if I call him that! HAHAHA!

     
  • At 4:39 pm, Blogger Mad Bull said…

    Now I have to go read what Island Spice said....

     
  • At 5:43 pm, Anonymous CoolDestiny said…

    Me too MB.

     
  • At 8:14 pm, Blogger Guyana-Gyal said…

    Hell hath no fury like that man spurned :-D

     
  • At 6:12 am, Blogger Cream said…

    You should tell him you weren't MADLY in love with him, KG!

     
  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger Melody said…

    Guilt trips prob'ly worked like a charm on some women, so he was prob'ly just really ticked & disappointed that it didn't work on U. Most likely, he never saw an article that said that de strongest tip-off that a person is off his/her rocker is often his/her unshakeable belief that everyone around (except self) is off theirs.

     
  • At 3:16 pm, Anonymous owen said…

    sometimes the girl is just mad really. Thats why you can't really blame a guy for having girls in reserve.

     
  • At 3:45 pm, Blogger Scratchie said…

    The world is made up of all types I guess. I know we all have a streak of madness inbuilt but some people seem to get a few extra doses.

     
  • At 7:50 pm, Blogger Leon said…

    Yeah. I hate those needy types too. But that's how love is. You can't force someone to love you.

     
  • At 8:29 am, Blogger Gela's Words said…

    Oh it's one of those ego things. Men love to play that game. It can't be that you don't like him (God Forbid!) it must be that something is wrong with YOU. So you're either crazy, or lesbian. Gosh if I could only get a US$ everytime a guy tell me I'm lesbo because I'm not into him. They can't deal with rejections you know.

    Ok, let me qualify this. Some guys. Not all. Some guys. I know MB, Leon, Scratchie and those other lovely men who read my blog aren't like that :)

     
  • At 8:37 am, Blogger Ri said…

    Mad gyal.

     
  • At 9:02 am, Blogger Kingston Girl said…

    yeah, i think you're all right,, I really am mad. mad mad mad. afterall, if i had stayed with him, i could now be married with 6 children living in london instead of being childless in kingston!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home